1 1⁄2 cups honey
1 cup water
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 cloves (whole)
1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped blanched, unsalted almonds
1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
3 tbsp sugar
24 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
2 - 3 tbsp oil
Dukkah spice blend, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup, combine honey, water, lemon juice, cloves and Cinnamon over low heat. Stir for approximately 2 minutes, until honey is completely dissolved. Increase heat to medium and cook, without stirring, for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. Remove cloves and discard.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine nuts, sugar and Cinnamon. Set aside.
- Take 2 phyllo sheets at a time (cover remaining phyllo sheets with a damp, not wet, cloth to prevent drying), and place lengthwise on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. With a basting brush, lightly brush with oil. Repeat procedure 5 more times, for a total of 6 layers per roll.
- Sprinkle phyllo evenly with half nut mixture and drizzle with 1⁄4 of sauce mixture. Roll, starting at one of the long ends, to form a long, cigar-like cylinder.
- Score top with a knife. Repeat to make a second roll. Bake for 20–30 minutes, or until phyllo is golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle each log evenly with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with Dukkah. Cool in pan on cooling rack.
- Store covered at room temperature.